Safety for fruit and vegetables
Delicate, valuable fruit? Moulded fibre is the answer.
Moulded fibre is perfect for apples, pears, melons, peaches, plums, oranges, berries, khakis, tomatoes and many other fruits and vegetables shipped everyday around the world.
- It protects the fruit from bruising
- It absorbs excess moisture, it is hygienic and breathable and preserves the fruit.
- It is a sturdy material, it allows automated packing operations and makes the fruit easier and cheaper to pack.
- It is natural and environmentally friendly. It is biodegradable, compostable and recyclable.
- It is attractive, modern and practical.
Moulded fibre is shock absorbent. It cushions the fruit it holds and protects it from bruising, either during the packaging operations, in storage or in transit. The fruit will look fresh and appealing in the displays!
Moulded fibre absorbs excess moisture that appears on the fruit with condensation and temperature changes. This prevents moisture from spoiling the fruit or its appearance.
The many pores on moulded fibre allow the air circulation, the fruit breathes and it will keep its freshness longer.
Moulded fibre is rigid and it allows automatic fruit packaging operations, which become easier and cost efficient. Sturdy moulded fibre packaging will not collapse on the tilted displays in the supermarkets providing an excellent presentation.
Moulded fibre is made from recycled paper material and it is easily recycled by the end user whether these are supermarkets or end consumers. It can be recycled together with the outer carton. It is biodegradable, compostable, and good for energy recovery through recycling.